After all, our objective isn't just to offer our residents a progressive experience, we also aim to provide our team with a caring and supportive environment where they can be empowered and flourish.
Our staff are at the heart of the Athena Healthcare Group.
Tuesday 13th August 2019 | Part Time
Marine View Lodge Nursing Home is looking for an experienced and qualified RMN with a valid NMC PIN.
Previous experience of working with elderly people be an advantage. This will be an excellent opportunity for an individual to experience state of the art care home facilities with a leading provider and develop their skills and potential within a safe and responsive nursing home environment.
*Please note all of our Newly appointed Nurses will receive a Golden Hello bonus of £2,000 for Full Time calculated pro rata for part time staff - This will be paid via instalments*
Responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
The ideal candidate
The behaviours and attitudes of our staff within the care home environment is what sets us apart from other providers, whilst ensuring we keep our residents personalised needs at the heart of everything that we do. The ideal candidate will be reliable and dependable, professional and responsive to the needs of our residents. They will be able to respond flexibly and appropriately to their personal care needs whilst being a key team player within the Lodge. As the Registered Nurse you may often be the person in charge of your floor on your shift. Effective leadership skills and the ability to work within a team are essential, whilst supporting and supervising team members.
The successful candidate continuously strives to provide personal care and support which maintains the privacy, dignity and safety of residents at all times. Our residents are treated with respect and patience, whilst their relatives and friends are met with courtesy and inclusion at all times.
The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team as well as use their own initiative. All Training is provided within the Group and for those who strive to deliver their best in providing excellence in quality care so our residents age well, can look forward to career development opportunities within the business.
To lead the the caring team, delivering the highest standards of individual care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to independence and choice are met.
Tuesday 13th August 2019 |
Tuesday 13th August 2019 | Full Time
Woodlands Lodge is a residential care home. It offers compassionate, professional and friendly care, working closely with residents and their families to offer a truly person-centred approach.
To assist with the resident’s care plan, supervising the care team whilst working as part of the team, delivering the highest standards of individual care to residents. Ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to independence and choice are met.
To provide the highest level of personal care ( assistance with bathing, dressing, oral/dental hygiene, eye care etc) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of residents.
To understand and comply with requirements such as Health & Safety, SOVA, Fire Safety, COSHH, Infection Control, Food Hygiene and all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each resident and accurately maintaining & reviewing appropriate records.
To liaise with other healthcare professionals relating to the care needs of the residents e.g. GPs, District Nurses, CPNs, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers etc
To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any changes in a resident’s condition to your Manager and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs. Encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social & emotional needs are met.
When necessary, assisting Care staff with making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service. To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide appropriate support and help.
To assist Senior Care staff in the administration, control and storage of drugs and medicines ensuring strict practices are maintained. To daily monitor and record drug refrigerator and treatment room temperatures, and report to Manager accordingly.
To issue instructions to, and monitor the performance of, Care Assistants, ensuring that all tasks are satisfactorily completed. Conduct Supervisions of Care Assistants.
To answer nurse alarm calls promptly and appropriately.
To be the ‘On Call’ point of contact in an emergency (if Manager/Deputy unavailable).
To attend mandatory training sessions, staff and resident’s meetings as required.
Some of our benefits include
NVQ Level 3
Leading a Team
Job Types: Part-time - Permanent - 3 Nights - 36 Hours
Salary: £9.50 /hour
If you would like further information - Please call Michelle - 01704 772222 Option 4 for an informal chat
Tuesday 13th August 2019 | Full Time
Woodlands Lodge Is a purpose-built nursing care home in Formby. We pride ourselves on offering compassionate, professional and friendly care. Working closely with residents and their families, we have built a tailored and truly person-centred service.
Exacting standards, comfortable surroundings and delicious, nutritious meals provide a real home from home.
Whatever is important to our residents, is important to us too.
Produce attractive, nutritious meals and services within the required
times, to the Athena standard and resident satisfaction.
Head Chef & liaison with the Home Manager
Ensuring residents have good quality well cooked food that is safely
PURPOSE OF POST
To provide food and drink that meets individual needs and
preferences and in their best interest
• To produce meals and services within the required times, to the Athena standard and residents’ satisfaction.
• To support the head chef in monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and service.
• To participate in the HACCP procedure according to Athena’s Food Safety Management documentation.
• Pro-actively communicate with colleagues through meetings, regular supervision & appraisal and promote effective working relationships.
• To support the head chef in order to maintain the correct use of the Companies due diligence framework cleaning rota and opening / closing down procedures.
• To support the head chef to ensure quality control and hygiene systems are achieved.
• To be accountable for the running of the kitchen service when on duty.
• When required purchase all food and food related products using company nominated suppliers.
• To support the Head Chef in achieving food budget cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage.
• To support the Head Chef in the ongoing development of menus & descriptions ensuring a good balance of food groups based on the eat well plate.
• To ensure All due diligence paperwork is completed When on duty.
• Stock rotation and use by dates for the production of food are followed and food is produced so not to contribute to wastage.
• To use all equipment within the catering operation with due care and diligence as instructed.
• To notify the Head Chef or Maintenance regarding engineer call outs for all repairs on catering equipment, unless otherwise instructed by Staff Management
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The post holder will undertake training and development as appropriate and keep apprised of developments in
his/her field of expertise.
2. The post holder will carry out any other duties as appropriate to the post and as requested by the Home Manager.
6. Attend HOD meetings in the absence of the head chef
7. Review training with junior members of staff.
8. Customer complaints are feedback with explanations and a suggestion for solutions to the Home Manager.
9.Ensure security and G.D.P.R protocols are adhered to at all times.
10. Take opportunities to talk with residents and families to obtain constructive feedback and be responsive to the
needs of residents.
11. Ensure residents on special diets are catered for when on duty.
12. Ensure there is consideration for cultural and religious preferences and diversity when on duty.
13. Ensure residents whom are nutritionally at risk are provided with a suitably fortified and nutritionally dense food
and drink when on duty.
14. Work with the clinical team so residents are not at risk of malnutrition.
15. Ensure residents staff and visitors are not given food in which they are allergic
or intolerant to.
16. Have a working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act.
17. Have a working knowledge of the relevant CQC’S K.L.O.E’s & regulations relating to Food production and service.
18. Have a working Knowledge or the FSA’S safer Food Better Business Documentation for Care Home
Thursday 8th August 2019 | Full Time
Tuesday 6th August 2019 | Full Time