We are searching for a Sous-Chef to create nutritious and well-balanced meals, alongside the Head Chef, which meets both the Athena standard and our resident’s satisfaction.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head Chef in monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards during all stages of production and service
- Adhering to the HACCP procedure according to Athena’s Food Safety Management documentation
- Maintaining the correct use of the company’s due diligence framework, cleaning and opening/closing procedures
- Supporting the Head Chef to ensure quality control and hygiene systems are achieved
- Purchasing all food and related products using company nominated suppliers (when required)
- Supporting the Head Chef in achieving food budget cost controls, ensuring minimum waste and continually developing menus to ensure a well-balanced diet for residents.
The right candidate will:
- Have good communication skills
- Work well within a team
- Be driven and proactive
- Work well under pressure
- Have good time management skills
- You must hold a relevant NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification in catering
- Experience within the care sector is preferred
- Have your birthday off on us!
- £200 refer a friend bonus
- Pay day advance available
- Vibrant training, development and career prospects
- £100 attendance bonus
- Reimbursed DBS cost
- Subsidised meals
- Employee of the month rewards
- Workplace pension scheme
- Counselling service
Rate of Pay: Starting pay at £9.79 p/h
Hours: 0 Hours (Bank Staff)
As of 11th November 2021, it is mandatory for all care home staff to be vaccinated against covid-19. Please confirm if you have been vaccinated and the dates of your vaccines.