Food and Nutrition
Our restaurant standard kitchens are at the heart of every Athena Group care home. Staffed with skilled chefs, our carefully selected team produce nutritionally balanced home-cooked meals onsite daily.
Each care home’s menu is developed to offer a wide range of tastes and textures, and can be tailored to the individual’s likes, dislikes and cultural or dietary requirements.
In addition to our daily menu, our residents are also provided with a wide selection of snacks and beverages from the kitchen, day or night, so they’ll never be short of a bite to eat.
Family and friends are more than welcome to join their loved ones for meals, providing it has been previously arranged with the home.
We’ve provided a sample menu below:
Sample Breakfast menu
- Toast & preserves, fruit or cinnamon porridge -
- Assorted cereals and muesli with banana or blueberries -
- Cheesy crumpets cereal & fresh fruit yogurt -
- Breakfast cooked to order -
Sample Lunch menu
- Homemade puree of Roasted Butter nut squash soup -
- Fresh cut sandwiches with freshly chopped salad & homemade coleslaw -
- Steak & mushroom slice with herb potatoes and garden salad -
- Exotic fruit salad & vanilla ice cream -
- Lemon drizzle cake & Chantilly cream -
Sample Dinner menu
- Atlantic prawn salad with Marie rose sauce -
- Roast leg of lamb with mint sauce -
- Carrot & swede -
- Steamed broccoli florets -
- Fondant potatoes -
- Raspberry mousse -
- Bramley apple crumble & custard -
Additional items are available through the day including: sandwiches & toasties filled omelettes, cakes biscuits & fresh fruit
Meals are adapted to accommodate likes & dislikes, special diets, allergies, intolerances, religious & cultural considerations